Makes about 10 large sandwiches
1/10 of the meat about 408 calories
- 3 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1 teaspoon(s) onion salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 5 pound(s) rump roast
- Combine water with ground black pepper, oregano, basil, onion salt, parsley, garlic powder, bay leaf, and salad dressing mix in a saucepan. Stir well, and bring to a boil.
- Place roast in slow cooker, and pour salad dressing mixture over the meat.
- Cover, and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours, or on high for 4 to 5 hours. When done, remove bay leaf, and shred meat with a fork.