Pumpkin Trifle RecipePumpkin Trifle Recipe
This recipe is:
I had this at a recent family gathering and it was wonderful, first time I just copied and pasted a recipe that was not mine or that I did not make changes to in order to reduce calories or fat. This is wonderful and Weight Watchers friendly.
Pumpkin Trifle Recipe
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 194 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Pumpkin Trifle in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p33
- Prep: 1 hour + cooling
- Yield: 18 Servings
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 egg
- 4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 4 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg and allspice
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water and egg, beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. When completely cooled, crumble the cake. Set aside 1/4 cup crumbs for garnish.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in pumpkin and spices until well blended.
- In a trifle bowl or 3-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl, layer a fourth of the cake crumbs, half of the pumpkin mixture, a fourth of the cake crumbs and half of the whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with reserved cake crumbs. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. Yield: 18 servings.