1/2 large chicken breast with sauce
About 305 calories
- 3 pounds boneless,skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion,coarsely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper,coarsely chopped
- 1 cup white mushrooms, halved
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, with juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup regular chicken stock
- 1/2 cup red cooking wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat, brown the chicken in a large sprayed skillet. About 3-4 minutes per side, do not cook through, cook until thawed and you can easily cut in half, the middle will still be raw.
- Remove chicken breast and cut in half
- In a large slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high heat for 4 hours or on low heat for 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
Cooking Tip- To decrease cooking time, you can cook the onion, pepper and onions for a few minutes in a sprayed skillet until they start to become tender, but do not cook all the way. If you do this, you would only need to cook all ingredients in the crock pot until it is heated through and the chicken is cooked, on high for about 3 hours and on low for about 5 hours.