Chicken Sausage Calzones
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 fully cooked Italian chicken sausages, diced (Sams Club Sells them in bulk and several different flavors, Brand is Artisan
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
- 1 (13.8-ounce) tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In medium bowl, stir together ricotta, sausage, frozen peas, and mozzarella.
- Spray large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll pizza dough on center of cookie sheet. With fingertips, press dough into 14" by 10" rectangle. Cut dough lengthwise in half, then cut each piece crosswise in half to make 4 rectangles.
- Place one-fourth ricotta filling on half of one dough rectangle. Fold other half of dough over filling and pinch edges together to seal. Repeat with remaining filling and dough.
- Bake calzones 25 minutes or until well browned on top. Serve with marinara sauce.