- 12 ounces whole wheat fettuccine
- 1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light or Smart Balance
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp parsley
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add milk, garlic and pepper; cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until hot and well blended, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cheese and cook 6 to 7 minutes, or until sauce is thickened, add parsley and stir. Pour sauce over fettuccine; toss and serve