Slow Cooker Creamy, Pasta, Spinach, Artichoke and Chicken Casserole
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 cups chopped cooked rotisserie chicken (or 3 shredded cooked chicken breast)
- 1/2 white or yellow chopped onion
- 1 can of artichokes, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup Healthy Request (or use Cream of Chicken)
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of celery soup Healthy Request
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain Greek Yogurt
- 3-4 cups skim milk (divided)
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) packages shredded Italian three-cheese blend
- 16 ounces whole wheat bow tie (farfalle) pasta, boil for about 5 minutes, drain do not cook until tender
- 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook chicken in the crock pot for about 2 hours then chop or shred
- Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Stir together spinach, chicken, and next 9 ingredients (only 1 cup of milk) in a large bowl; stir in 1 package of cheese blend.
- Cook bow tie pasta in boiling water for about 5 minutes and drain
- Arrange 1/2 of the noodles in a sprayed 5-quart slow cooker. Spread 1/4 of the chicken mixture over noodles, and sprinkle with 2/3 cup cheese blend; repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, chicken mixture, and cheese blend. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or until noodles are done and casserole is heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- You will need to check on the casserole at about 2 hours and if it is drying out, add 1 cup of milk around the edges, add more if needed as it cooks.