Baked Penne Primavera
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of asparagus soup Healthy Request or lower sodium
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 1 (0.7-ounce) package dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 (15-ounce) container reduced fat or light ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen Italian mixed vegetables, thawed
- Optional - 2 thawed chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine soup, milk, and dressing mix. Add ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Add cooked pasta and vegetables, and toss until well coated. Spoon into prepared baking dish then sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until heated through.
5. Optional- add 2 thawed chicken breast chopped into bite size pieces prior to baking