Lighter Lettuce Chicken Wraps
- coking spray
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup water chestnut
- 2⁄3; cup mushroom
- 3-4 chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 carrots chopped
- 4 -5 whole leaves iceberg lettuce or Bibb Lettuce
- ¼ cup Splenda
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8; teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hot mustard
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic and red chile paste
Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- Make the special sauce by dissolving the sugar in water in a small bowl.
- Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice and sesame oil.
- Mix well and refrigerate this sauce until you're ready to serve.
- Combine the hot water with the hot mustard and set this aside as well.
- Eventually add your desired measurement of mustard and garlic chili sauce to the special sauce mixture to pour over the wraps.
- Heat a well sprayed skillet to medium high heat
- Saute chicken breasts for 6 to 8 minutes per side or done.
- Remove chicken from the pan and cool
- As chicken cools mince water chestnuts, carrots and mushrooms to about the size of small peas.
- Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing the soy sauce, brown sugar, and rice vinegar together in a small bowl.
- When chicken is cool, mince it as the mushrooms and water chestnuts are.
- Re-spray the skillet well and heat to medium high heat
- Add chicken, garlic, onions, water chestnuts, carrots and mushrooms to the pan.
- Add the stir fry sauce to the pan and saute the mixture for a couple minutes then serve it in the lettuce "cups".
- Top with "Special Sauce".