About 370 Calories
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or turkey sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley leaves
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth reduced sodium or if you prefer 3 1/2 cups chicken broth reduced sodium
- 1 can(s) (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes no salt added
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat corkscrew-shaped pasta or any small pasta
- 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the meat and onion in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, or until it's well browned, drain
- Stir the garlic, basil, broth, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning in the saucepan and heat to a boil.
- Stir the pasta in the saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Stir in the cheese.