Spaghetti Carbonara Pie
- 12 ounce whole wheat spaghetti
- 6 slice turkey bacon reduced sodium bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 cups skim milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large saucepot, prepare spaghetti in boiling salted water as label directs.
- Meanwhile, in nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until browned. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain; set aside.
- In blender at low speed, blend ricotta, Romano, eggs, egg yolk, pepper, nutmeg and 1/2 cup milk until smooth.
- Drain pasta and return to saucepot. Add ricotta mixture, bacon, and remaining 1 1/2 cups milk, stirring to combine.
- Transfer pasta mixture to a sprayed 13 x 9 baking dish. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until golden around edges and almost set but still slightly liquid in center. Let pie stand 10 minutes before serving (liquid will be absorbed during standing). Cut into wedges to serve.