- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 egg
- white pepper
- ½ cup cornstarch, plus
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ginger root minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic , minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed hot red chili pepper
- ¼ cup green onion , chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
Orange Sauce for Stir Fry
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons water
- 5 tablespoons Splenda
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 orange, zest of
1. Place chicken pieces in large bowl.
2. Stir in egg and pepper
3. Stir cornstarch and flour together.
4. Mix flour mixture and egg mixture.
5. Add chicken pieces, stirring to coat.
6. Heat sprayed skillet
7. Add chicken, small batches at a time, and cook until just short of being done
8. (Do not overcook chicken).
9. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside
10. Respray skillet and heat over medium heat
11. Add ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant; about 1 minute
12. Add crushed chilies and green onions.
13. Add rice wine and stir 60 seconds.
14. Add Orange Sauce and bring to boil.
15. Add cooked chicken, stirring until well mixed.
16. Stir water into remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch until smooth and add to chicken.
17. Stir in sesame oil and orange zest if desired.
18. Serve over brown rice.