Spicy Shrimp Spaghetti
- cooking spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) canned crushed tomatoes in thick puree (one 16-ounce can)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried red-pepper flakes (more can be added, but in small amounts as it is really hot if you add too much)
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 pound(s) medium shrimp, shelled
- 1 small package whole wheat spaghetti
- In a large sprayed skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds longer. Stir in the tomatoes, red-pepper flakes, water, parsley and pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook, covered, just until the shrimp are pink, about 4 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the spaghetti until just done, about 9 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss with the tomato sauce and shrimp.