- Cooking Spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 chicken breast cut in halves
- 1 (28-ounce) diced tomatoes, no salt added or 2 (15 ounce cans), drained (juice reserved), and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded 2% Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together onions, chili powder, cumin and kidney beans; set aside.
- Spray a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with remaining oil; add kidney bean mixture. Arrange chicken over top of beans, pressing chicken into bean mixture. Spoon tomatoes over beans and chicken, and add reserved tomato juice.
- Bake chicken 40-50 minutes (or until chicken cooked through) then remove from the oven, sprinkle with shredded cheese, and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted, chicken is fork-tender and no pink remains.