- 1/2 small red onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup drained, rinsed canned black beans, preferably low-sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs and 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2-ounce) shredded 2% pepper Jack cheese
- Cooking spray
- 4 (10-inch) whole-wheat tortillas (burrito-size)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 small avocado peeled and cubed
- Hot sauce
Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Cook the onions and peppers until onions are softened and peppers are slightly charred, about 8 minutes. Add black beans and red pepper flakes and cook until warmed through, another 3 minutes. Season with pepper and transfer to a dish.
Whisk together the eggs and egg whites then stir in the cheese. Spray the skillet with cooking spray, and reheat the skillet over a medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add eggs, scrambling until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Spread each tortilla with 1 tablespoon each yogurt and salsa, then layer with 1/4 of the black bean mixture, 1/4 of the scrambled eggs, diced tomatoes and 1/4 of the avocado. Season, to taste, with hot sauce. Roll up burrito-style and serve.