Stuffed Baked Tuna Sandwiches
- 1 (12-ounce) can chunk white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) 2% shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) loaf rye, pumpernickel bread or whole wheat French bread, unsliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the bread; mix well and set aside.
- Make 11 crosswise cuts in the bread at even intervals, cutting to within 1/4 inch of the bottom of the loaf and making sure not to cut all the way through. Fill spaces between every other cut with equal amounts of tuna mixture.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Unwrap, slice completely through unfilled cuts, and serve warm.