Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup Splenda brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Splenda sugar
- 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light or Smart Balance
- 3/4 cupunsweetened applesauce or apple butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups Quaker® Oats
- 3/4 cup diced dried mixed fruit or raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat sugars and light butter with electric mixer until well blended. Add applesauce, egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Stir in oats and dried fruit; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets, press lightly to flatten.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.