Chocolate Chip Cookies with Hidden Fiber and Protein
- 1 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light or Smart Balance
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned or rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Splenda sugar
- 1 large egg and 2 egg whites or egg substitute equal to 2 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 bag (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray. Combine the flour, oats, cereal and baking soda in a bowl.
- In a second, large bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Gradually stir flour mixture into the butter-sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop batter by rounded tablespoons, about 2 inches apart onto prepared pans. Bake until light golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Use a spatula to remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.