Shrimp Spaghetti Marinara
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes (one 16-ounce can)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled
- 1 small package whole wheat spaghetti
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds longer. Stir in the tomatoes, red-pepper flakes, water, parsley and salt. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook, covered, just until the shrimp are pink, about 4 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the tomato sauce and shrimp.