- 1 (15- to 19-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and ½ cup liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- In a blender or food processor purée the chick peas and 1/2 cup liquid until smooth and creamy.
- In a medium size bowl combine remaining ingredients. Add pureed chick peas and mix well with a spoon. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to use.
Great with carrot, celery or bell peppers or pretzel chips, triscuts, wheat thins, pita chips or pretzels