- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 strip(s) lemon zest
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon filets
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- Toast sesame seeds in a nonstick skillet over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, tossing seeds frequently until lightly toasted and fragrant. Remove and cool.
- Combine 1/2 cup soy sauce, pineapple juice, ginger, sugar, garlic, and lemon zest in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer 10 minutes, or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Remove from heat and stir in toasted sesame seeds; put glaze aside to cool.
- Heat grill to medium high and oil the grill rack. Reduce heat to medium - low. Brush salmon with olive oil and season with pepper. Grill fillets 4-5 minutes. Carefully turn fillets, brush with teriyaki glaze, and continue to grill until flakes easily and is done.
- If you are afraid of the fish flaking and falling through, you can cook it on foil, spray the foil with cooking spray or lightly brush with olive oil