- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded 2% sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (7-1/2-ounce) package biscuits (10 biscuits)
- optional- chopped or shredded onion, spinach, bell peppers, green beens, squash or zucchini
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground turkey with onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper over high heat, (add any optional ingredients), stirring to break up the beef. Drain off any fat then add the ketchup and cheese; mix well and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Place biscuits over top and bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until biscuits are golden and cooked through. Test the bottom side of a biscuit in the middle of the casserole to make sure it cooked through.