- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup whole wheat or whole grain saltine cracker crumbs (about 8 crackers) or 1/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 servings warm instant mashed potatoes prepared according to package directions substitute butter with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light or Smart Balance
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed in a strainer under hot water
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup 2% shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat ab 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, onion, egg and chili powder; mix well. Press mixture into prepared baking dish and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until juices run clear. Drain off excess liquid.
- Combine prepared potatoes, corn and scallions. Spread over meat loaf. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- Bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and top has begun to brown.