Skillet Pot Pie
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion chopped
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup chopped broccoli florets
1/4 cup chopped zucchini
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tbsp minced wet garlic
pepper to taste
2 chopped chicken breast
1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken healthy request
1 cup 2% shredded cheddar
1 tbsp thyme
1 bay leaf, I actually just use 1 tbsp basil instead as I usually do not have bay leaves
1 prepared pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a 12- to 14-inch cast iron skillet, then add vegetables, chicken, garlic, and season with pepper.
3. Sauté vegetables until translucent, about 7-8 minutes.
4. Add soup and bring to a simmer, then add cheddar cheese, thyme, pepper and bay leaf, and let sauce thicken.
5. Unroll pie crust on top of your skillet and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until pie crust starts to turn golden
I poured the ingredients in a pie plate and unrolled the crust on the pie plate instead of in a cast iron skillet