Grilled Vegetable and Grilled Chicken Salad
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp wet minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium red peppers, each cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3-4 boneless chicken-breast halves
- 2 pound plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- Heat grill to medium.
- Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette: In large bowl, whisk together wine vinegar, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, and 2 tablespoons olive oil until blended; set aside.
- In a pan, brush red peppers and onion slices with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to lightly coat both sides; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Place red peppers, onion slices and chicken on hot grill grate. Cover grill cook peppers and onion about 8 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, turning over once. Cook chicken about 12 minutes, turning over once. As vegetables and chicken are done, transfer to cutting board. Cut chicken, peppers, and onions into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Into vinaigrette in bowl, stir chopped tomatoes, basil, peppers, onion, and chicken; toss to combine. Scoop into bowls to serve