Cajun Fish Fillets and Rice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small green pepper, diced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can Condensed Tomato Soup Reduced Sodium
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (about 1 pound) fresh or thawed frozen fish fillets (cod, haddock or halibut)
- cooked brown rice
- Lemon Wedges, Optional
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the green pepper and oregano and cook until the green pepper is tender-crisp, stirring often.
- Stir the soup, water, garlic powder, black pepper and red pepper in the skillet and heat to a boil. Add the fish to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve the fish and sauce with the rice.
Or you can wrap the fillets in foil and grill on low until it flakes easily, follow the remaining directions and add the fish when sauce is heated through and coat chicken with sauce.
Serve with lemon wedge if desired