- 1 Cup of whole weat flour
- 1/2 Cup of Splenda brown sugar
- 1 Cup of Splenda, separated
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground cinammon
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light or Smart Balance
- 1 Cup of Chopped walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon of Cornstarch
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground ginger
- 6 Cups of Apple cored, chopped (peeled if desired)
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
Step OneMix flour, brown sugar, ½ cup of white sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl
Step TwoCombine butter in with the mixture using a fork or your fingers until coarse crumbs form. Stir in walnuts and set aside
Step ThreeWhisk together 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Step FourPlace the apples in the bottom of the slow-cooker, then stir in the cornstarch mixture; toss with lemon juice
Step FiveSprinkle the walnut crumb topping (step 1 mixture) over the top.
Step SixCover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours, until apples are tender.
Step SevenAfter cooking time is complete, uncover the slow cooker to allow the topping to harden for about an hour. Great plain or with vanilla frozen yogurt. (be careful not to let the condensation on the lid drip into the crock pot.