Fat 6 Grams
Protein 26 Grams
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1 pound chicken breast strips
- 1-2 tsp Cajun seasoning (or to taste)
- garlic powder to taste (a dash or two)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- pepper to taste
- 2 scallions, chopped
- cooking spray
Prep all your vegetables.
In a small blender combine milk, flour and cream cheese. Set aside.
Season chicken generously with Cajun seasoning and garlic powder.
Prepare pasta according to package directions.
Heat a large heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; spray with cooking spray and add half of the chicken.
Sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until done, set aside on a plate and repeat with the remaining chicken. Set aside.
Add olive oil to the skillet and reduce to medium; add bell peppers, onions, and garlic to skillet, sauté 3-4 minutes.
Add mushrooms and tomatoes and sauté 3-4 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Season with garlic powder and pepper to taste.
Reduce heat to medium-low; add chicken broth and pour in mixture from blender stirring about 2 minutes.
Return chicken to skillet; adjust Cajun seasoning to taste, cook another minute or two until hot,
Add linguine; toss well to coat.
Top with chopped scallions