- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 tilapia fillets
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, onions, green pepper, cilantro, 4 teaspoons lime juice and cayenne. Chill until serving.
- Combine oil and remaining lime juice; drizzle over fillets. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Spray grill grates well with cooking spray, heat to grill to high and reduce to low. Place fish on grill, grill about 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 8 servings (2 cups salsa).
- TIP- Use a large metal spatula so you can slide it under the entire fillet to keep it from falling through the grates as it cooks and flakes easily.
- TIP- If grilling fish is not something you are familar with, you can spray foil, wrap fish in foil and grill, this prevents the possibilty of the fish flaking and falling through the grates.