Fiber: 4 g
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or skim is fine)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or canola)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 12 oz blueberries
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Line a muffin tin with 16 liners.
Combine the wheat bran, wheat flour, baking soda and baking powder.
Stir in nuts and coconut.
In a separate bowl, blend applesauce, almond milk, honey, coconut oil, vanilla and egg.
Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
Fold in blueberries.
Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups
Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.