- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound flank steak sliced into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce (extra for serving is desired)
- Optional - Fresh or frozen broccoli florets for Beef and Broccoli)
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and sprinkle with black pepper. Saute for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden, turning halfway through. Remove to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet then add the steak, garlic, and bell pepper. Increase the heat to high and saute for 4 to 5 minutes, or until steak is cooked to desired doneness. Add soy sauce, and stir to coat. Cook for 1 minute then spoon steak and pepper mixture over potatoes.