- 2 cups Splenda brown sugar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, shortening, eggs, vanilla, and water; mix well. Add flour, baking powder and baking soda; mix well. Add walnuts, and stir until well combined.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly then drizzle with melted chocolate. Allow to cool completely. Cut into bars.