About 254 Calories
4 Grams of fat
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin butter or canned pumpkin
- 1 tbsp Splenda brown sugar
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- butter flavor cooking spray
- 1/2 cup pumpkin butter for topping
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine milk, egg whites and pumpkin butter or canned pumpkin in a bowl and mix until smooth.
Combine wet ingredients with the dry and mix well with a spoon until there are no more dry spots. Don't over-mix.
Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Spray oil to lightly coat and pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter. When the pancake starts to bubble and the edges begin to set, flip the pancakes.
Repeat with the remainder of the batter. Top each serving with an additional 2 tbsp pumpkin butter. In addition you can top with maple syrup or agave
- 3 1/2 cups pumpkin puree, or 1 (29 ounce) can (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 cup Splenda brown sugar
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (to taste)
Combine pureed pumpkin, vanilla, apple juice, spices, cinnamon sticks and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently. Adjust spices to your taste. Makes 3 3/4 cups.