- 2 russet potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 small head of cauliflower, stem removed cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups 1% reduced-fat milk
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 10 tbsp reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 tbsp chopped chives, divided
- 3 slices turkey bacon reduced sodium, cooked and crumbled
Pierce potatoes with a fork; microwave on high for 5 minutes turn over and microwave another 3 - 5 minutes, until tender. Or if you prefer to use your oven, bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender.
Cool and peel potatoes and cut into large chunks.
Meanwhile, steam cauliflower with water in a large covered pot until tender. Drain and mash potatoes and cauliflower in the pot or in a food processor. If using a food processor, return mashed mixture to the pot. On medium heat, add chicken broth, milk and bring to a boil. Stir frequently.
Add yogurt, half the chives and pepper and cook on low another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat. Serve in 5 bowls, top each serving with 2 tbsp cheese, remaining chives, and bacon.