8 Grams of Fat
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (3 oz each)
- 7 oz bag baby spinach
- thin slices of red onion (about 1/4 of onion)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 1/2 cups grape or Cherub tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped shallots
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
Place all the vinaigrette ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high, spray grates with cooking spray. When the grill is hot, lay the chicken on the grill and reduce to medium heat. Turn once while cooking. Transfer to a plate when done.
Divide spinach, onions, carrots, tomatoes and peppers on 4 plates. Top with the chicken and drizzle with balsamic dressing over each.