- 7-8 Chicken Tenderloins or 3-4 Boneless Chicken Breast (chopped or you can chop after they cook for about 2-3 hours if they are frozen)
- 1 head of broccoli chopped or 1 small - medium size bag frozen broccoli
- 6-8 strips of bacon, I use Turkey and Low sodium (if using pork bacon you may want to cook for a couple of minutes in the microwave and add later as it will be too chewy and fatty, turkey bacon does not crisp in the crock pot but it is not fatty and chewy either)
- 1-2 bell peppers of choice finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- 3 Roma tomatoes diced and drained well (any type will work, just drain the excess juice)
- cooking spray
Spray the crockpot and cook all the above ingredients except tomatoes on low for about 5 hours
Add chopped tomatoes
Cook for about another 2 hours (you can also cook this on high to reduce cooking time)
Using Caution, drain all contents into a colander. You must empty the crockpot to get rid of all liquid. You can not skip this step or you will have way too much liquid.
Return the casserole back into the crockpot
When the vegetables are done (I like my tender crisp) and the chicken is done- add a cup of Light Ranch Dressing or more to your taste, stir and cook until it is heated through, maybe 10 minutes. You will probably want more Ranch or you can add more when you dish it out. (If you are using prepared Ranch, add a several dashes of minced onion and minced garlic when you add the tomatoes)
Paleo Ranch Dressing-
All Paleo Ranch Dressings I have tried involve exact science or it turns out clumpy or runny. So I decided to make more of a ranch sauce. Do not make this until right before you serve the meal. It only take a few minutes to prepare.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (use this one to avoid coconut flavor)
- 2 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder, add slowly and stir constantly
- 2 tsp(s) Dry Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning ( I have tried avoiding this due to the additives, but I have not gotten it just right without it) (onion powder, garlic powder, dried onion, dried garlic, parsley and pepper should get the Ranch flavor if you want to avoid using prepared seasoning, but I have not perfected it yet)
- Several dashes of parsley, pepper, dried minced onion, dried minced garlic, garlic powder and onion powder
Add seasonings, stir, adjust seasonings as needed, it will thicken up, just keep stirring on low heat.
Pour into the crockpot, stir well and serve.
Hot sauce in combination with the dressing or the sauce is great too.