3 chicken breast thawed and cut in half (or frozen, after about 3 hours on high drain crock pot and cut chicken in half)
1 can Healthy Request Tomato Soup
1 can no salt added diced tomatoes
1 tbsp. Cumin
1 tsp. pepper or more to taste
2 tsp(s) Chipotle Pepper or more to taste as it cooks
(adjust all seasoning to personal preference, but the Chipotle is strong, so add additional slowly and taste sauce after chicken is cooked through and add more if needed)
Optional- 1 cup frozen spinach, green beans or sliced bell peppers and onion
- Cook beans according to package directions in a large pot on the stove
- Set slow cooker to high and cook chicken for about 3 hours, remove chicken and drain liquid and/or fat
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray, place chicken back in, add soup, tomatoes and seasoning, stir well, set to low and cook for about 3 hours (or until you are ready to eat it, longer then 3 hours is fine). We just bought a new Crock pot so it cooks faster then my older one, so adjust time as needed.
- About 1 hour before serving, add spinach and stir well to break up frozen spinach, if using other veggies add during step 3 so onions, peppers or green beans have time to soften
- Add fully cooked, beans to the crock pot and stir well
- Shred chicken halves as serving
We like it with Hot Sauce or additional seasoning for the adult servings, if you want it as a soup, add vegetable or chicken broth as it cooks, we liked it thicker, more like a casserole.